Post-doctoral assistant in Biochemistry at 100% in our vibrant laboratory at Univeristy of Geneva
The start date for this position, which will be funded for 12 months, with a possibility of prolongation, is October 1st, 2023.
Our laboratory has achieved a groundbreaking discovery, unlocking the self-assembly mechanism in formation of biological and bioinspired functional nanocoatings (Kryuchkov et al., Nature 2020). With this cutting-edge technology, we can now cover almost any surface with nanocoatings, and have teamed up with an implementation group to develop an innovative contact lens care solution, whereas biomimetic nanocoatings are designed to create a renewable post-washing surface coating for contact lenses. This will result in enhanced comfort and safety for wearers, providing a breakthrough in the contact lens care and also affording deeper insights into the fundamentals of the self-organization processes at the nanoscale. Thus, the project is at the interface of fundamental and translational research, aiming at benefiting individuals and advancing our knowledge on the world we live in.
Requested profile and qualifications:
We are looking to hire an outstanding and motivated candidate passionate about protein investigation and creating and validating new protocols for applied science.
– Strong experience in recombinant protein production, including design engineering, molecular cloning, chromatography, and quality control.
– Experience in protein biophysical analyses.
– Effective communication skills and fluency in English.
– Previous research in structural biology.
– Practical experience in microscopies such as AFM, EM.
– Ability to work as a responsible individual in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
– Organizational skills, especially the capacity to keep laboratory records.
Start date: preferred start date: 01.10.2023. If you need flexibility on this date, please indicate in your application.
To apply, please send a short motivational e-mail with your CV and the current contact addresses of at least two referees to Prof. Vladimir Katanaev (email@example.com)